Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm the most indecisive person I know... I think

So many "creative" plates out there... so little time.

Today's theme is Think Fast - You're Applying for a Vanity Plate.Our first victim of indecisiveness comes from Donna F. CNT DCYD (Can't Decide) just couldn't make up his mind. What a great quality to post on a vanity plate.

I think this might be a DMV snafu more than anything. I mean, this driver might have wanted the word NUMBER, but I can't figure out why. Maybe they're an anesthesiologist? Maybe to confuse the cops?

Officer: *krrrrt* Yeah I have a license plate NUMBER for you to run.
Dispatch: Please give me the license plate number…
Officer: Uh, NUMBER.
Dispatch: Yes, the number.
Officer: No! It's NUMBER.
Dispatch: Yes, sir, they usually are.

Or I could potentially see this as an “I can’t follow directions” kind of mistake. Vanity plate application reads:

What would you like the vanity plate to say (if you would like a number, please leave blank): I want NUMBER

(Plate sent in by platty)

8 comments:

LadyStyx said...

That second one... maybe a dentist or a PCP? They get patients that need things a bir number before you can perform minor surgery on them? Although I do love that cop/dispatch convo.

Deborah Godin said...

The top one - yeah, okay, I did get it on pretty much the first try, but still, I don't think those are consonants you want to play Russian Vowel Roulette with. Besides, I spent way too much time trying to make something "dirty" out of DCYD...

FreedomFirst said...

Lol.

blake said...

I dont recommend anyone using the word "can't" without the "a". Ever.

Robin said...

I'm hoping that NUMBER is meant to be ironic and/or surrealistic.

"Ce n'est-ce pas un plaque minéralogique."? *


(* Translated using babelfish. If I ever learned the French term for license plate, I don't remember it.)

Unknown said...

NUMBER as a DMV snafu reminds me of the guy who got NO PLATE.

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/noplate.asp

Amanda said...

When I took the picture of the number plate, that cop/dispatch conversation you posted was the exact same scenario my husband and I imaged. Weird. Platerazzi must think alike.

FreedomFirst said...

Eureka! I have found it! "CUNT DECAYED."

HAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Okay, that was rather unnecessary. But still funny. It just occurred to me as we were driving today. *snicker*