Saturday, January 24, 2009

This Plate Blows

Jamie writes to us:

I actually took this photo in the wal-mart shopping center near my home. It was great to see it parked, because I had been following this same vehicle previously and couldn’t get a picture of it.

Ah yes, vanity plate stalking. I do it frequently at my local Wal-Mart as well. Attention Wal-Mart shoppers. If you drive a black Lexus with the license plate LUNGS, your making me laugh uncontrollably.

If you look closely you will see that this is an Organ Donation Awareness plate. I think this humors me so much because this driver is very specific about what organ he is talking about. Wouldn't have GIVE or DON8 been sufficient? I guess he could have also been a recipient of a new pair. Who knows?

In my personal opinion, BREATHING RULES! If you didn't have lungs, or needed new ones, that would suck. So, I am kind of glad they have these Organ Donation Awareness plates.

Also, If you are in need of a LIVR, I know where to find one.

4 comments:

Deborah Godin said...

Excuse me for being so crass, but does the driver NEED a pair? (Opps, of course I meant of LUNGS) If so, doesn't that make this plate on a moving vehicle kind of scary...

All tasteless kidding aside, I do support organ donation, and on the back of my Dr. Lic. is says, Help yourself to whatever you want.

watercolordaisy said...

Could be a lung transplant recipient perhaps. Or a doctor who does them. Or a family member of one who has received a lung transplant. Perhaps. So it makes the organ donation plate hit home in a more personal way.

Alison said...

Woulda been more clear if they could've had "NEW LUNGS." But my assumption is this is driven by a recipient. My dad had a heart transplant, and I am so grateful I couldn't help but add an organ donation frame to my plate.

I suppose this driver is even more grateful than I!

LadyStyx said...

Thank goodness for the donation awareness plate...I woulda thought this was a nickname type plate for a cherleader or opera singer..