Monday, September 28, 2009

Also, I'm $ingle if you're rich.

NO 2ISHN (No tuition) comes to us from Jody. She had the same feelings about this one as I did:

My mom and I parked next to this one at Trader Joe's the other night and it made me want to vomit... 'No Tuition', as in, I don't have to pay tuition because Mommy and Daddy take care of it? I decided to spend my tuition money on a smarmy car? Who needs education when you have a sweet, sweet ride? Man, the driver must be a grade-A tool.

You know, I am happy for someone who gets around that big bill of tuition somehow, but to boast about it on your Lexus's vanity plate? Kind of a jerk move, if you ask me. I spent a good portion of my tuition on Keystone Light, but I'm not bragging about it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna lie, but if I saw that car, I'd key it.

jackie31337 said...

They might have gotten a full-tuition scholarship. I got what amounted to full tuition when I started college, but by the time I finished, my scholarship only covered about 78% of my tuition (and I graduated in 3 years!). Still obnoxious to brag about it on a vanity plate though.

Adnoxious said...

Maybe they are bragging about how they didn't get into college.

adnoxious.blogspot.com
Taking aim at lousy advertising

Intense Guy said...

Maybe they got all the money they need pole-dancing down at Nekked Hairy's place.

ET said...

Maybe they teach courses on how to act like a 4 year old.

Doublebanker said...

Everyone loves these jokers! Maybe they are giving away scholarships...

My parents paid for my tuition and said the agreement was that I'd pay for my kiddos in return... 3rd kid is due in March, better stop before I'll have to work to 75 years old!

DB Dan

FailGif
GifGirl
New site...Daily Acid

LadyStyx said...

I like iggy's theory on this one...

Anonymous said...

Why so cranky?

I've seen MIT Alumni stickers on cars, Captain's bars on cars, my kid is an honor student, etc.

They're just showing pride in their accomplishments. That's certainly a lot better than Calvin pissing on something.

If you're offended by someone who probably got a free ride due to their extraordinarily hard work, how do you feel about people who've done so well they can afford a Rolls Royce? Isn't that a LOT MORE bragging?