Saturday, September 19, 2009

To err is human; To arr is PIRATE

Ahoy! It's September 19, and you hopefully know what that means: International Talk Like A Pirate Day! If you don't know how to talk like a pirate, maybe some of these vanity plates can help... ARRMATEY is from Sydney J. "Arr matey" simply means, I agree my friend. Aye, aye Captain is also equivalent.


Pirates arrrr the scallywags doin' the drinking, plundering, and making people walk the plank! This plunderer made a blunder with that extra T, no? I think PIR8 would have sufficed. Ye old pirates aren't so good at spelling and grammARRR.
Melani X. clears PYRETTE up for us: So...she's like a Rockette with a peg leg and an eye patch? Now THAT'S talent!

Or maybe a wench with a nice booty. YOHOHO and a bottle of rum. Or grog as the pirates like to call it. This plate, in addition to PIR8T, were captured by LadyStyx.

As for me and Mr. HLP? We talk like pirates everyday, YARR HARR HARR!

Just for fun, Pirate Name Generator.

8 comments:

KatieMB said...

Who knew pirates drove cars?

LadyStyx said...

No. Mine were the one with the superfluous T and the yohoho. You had a Pyrockette in between ;). I think they need to put a warning up at the borders. Doesn't matter what state you're from, if you're in my hunting grounds, you'll get snapped!

I love the other 2 grabs though.

MooseNuggette said...

Arr, YOHOHO is my fav matey!

Deborah Godin said...

And let us not forget that before cars there were horses...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI2ZZXv_5Kc

Anonymous said...

I know "YoHoHo" -- she's on my roller derby league, and her actual skater name IS Yo Ho Ho!

Wurlitzer Heart said...

Pyrette is a fabulous stripper name.

Unknown said...

The ARRMATEY vessel be mine...the scourge of the asphalt seas!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it means "pirate tea".