Saturday, September 12, 2009

wanker


Danielle from Small Town Police Blotters (hilarious blog, btw) sent in RUB1OUT. Does that really say RUB ONE OUT? Really? On a license plate?? Sigh.

She writes: Seen in a walmart parking lot. Despite being a Minnesota tag, the car was spotted in southeastern S. Dakota... I wonder if this is an attempt to explain away the driver's habit for distractedly weaving & drifting across lanes? Furthermore, I wonder how this got past the license plate censors, especially in wholesome ol' Minnesota. lol.

I keep trying to convince myself they are big fans of Disney's Aladdin and are trying to get Robin Williams to pop out of a lamp. Oi! Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck.

9 comments:

jackie31337 said...

Thanks for enabling my blog addiction and getting me hooked on the small town police blotters blog!

MooseNuggette said...

Maybe it has something to do with the movie Fargo.

Cattledog Manifesto said...

Woot! Somebody read my blog!! Woohoo :)

Moose, now that you mention it, we should probably pronounce this plate "Rub One Ooout"....don'tcha know, eh?

LadyStyx said...

~nice~ Aladdin reference!

KatieMB said...

I know someone who would LOVE to have this plate!

Hossrex said...

Minnesota is the state that gave us the Libertarian governor.

You should have the freedom to do whatever the heck you want to do that doesn't hurt someone else, and Minnesota has proved itself amicable to that ideal.

Good for them.

Terrible license plate though.

Deborah Godin said...

Just who ARE the people working behind the counter in the DMV? Don't they know ANYthing?? This is a "red-pencil fail" if I ever saw one... *sighs*

Cattledog Manifesto said...

My mom pointed out that it's possible whoever approved this plate "was a sweet middle aged Midwestern woman who had no idea what the phrase meant." LOL. She had to look it up herself- she didn't know either. I had a fit of laughter picturing my mom at work looking up "Rub one out" on Urban Dictionary. Thanks HLP for helping broaden my mom's horizons :)

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that the state allowed this, considering some of the crap Oklahoma has pulled: http://legalmatch.typepad.com/intellectualproperty/2010/03/can-states-censor-vanity-plates.html