Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Slippery Slope


The fact that I've got more than one person emailing plates like this is amazes me. Just a note to those thinking about labeling themselves from the state of Kentucky. KY is also a very popular, uh, personal product.

Alex seems to agree with me. He writes: [This vanity plate] has become somewhat of an urban legend around Columbus. But anyway, we really hope that she is from Kentucky.

Amanda sent us KY AM I. So this might be "Kentucky am I" as well, but it doesn't make much sense either way. Confused am I.

Our last example comes from Corianne. She also has second thoughts about this plate: We all know what this is *supposed* to say, but the 12 year old inside of me can't help but snicker every time I see it.

There you have it folks. It's good to know that my 12 year old isn't the only one getting a laugh from these. Thank you Kentucky.

6 comments:

tank said...

Ewwwwww.

Anonymous said...

ky wing man?
Ky woman?
wtf wtf wtf? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Anonymous said...

it's more likely the person's name is Kylie, I doubt it has anything to do with Kentucky

Wolverine Girl said...

I'm an Aussie, so I don't know most of your state abbreviations, so naturally my mind went bad places immediately and I didn't even think Kentucky.

LadyStyx said...

*laffin hysterically*

I used to belong to a chatroom years ago and one of the chatters went by the name kywoman *laffin*. Everytime she showed up, I'd type in..."Hi Jelly!" much to the amusement of the other resident pervs. Can't believe how often I had to explain that response....

Phil said...

And to the one that got away...

A few years we were standing in a parking lot laughing and discussing the merits of a plate when the owner came up behind us and gave shot us a dirty look about it. What “IM4KY” doesn't give you the same reaction?

As he was driving away we noticed the Kentucky Wildcats licensed plate holder. He really should get one for the front as well.