Monday, October 19, 2009

Don't be a gas-hole.

Today's plate (EF-OPEC) I stumbled upon randomly reading blogs, and when I saw it, I was delighted. The owner, Tom M. has gratefully offered his pictures, and his story to our readers. He writes:

I'm part of a test program of electric Mini Coopers, there are 500 of us in CA, NJ & NY. I just got the plates a few days ago and I have had so many people beep and give me the thumbs up I can't believe it. I even have seen two people taking pictures of it while I'm driving, crazy.

That's right my friends, it's completely electric. Totally. freaking. sweet. As someone who is quite fond of Earth, I salute your efforts in advancing this technology and sharing your story. I don't usually say this about vanity plates, but I love it; It's like icing on the cake. Thanks for sending the pictures in, Tom. You can check out his blog of #250 here.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I want to take a spin! So cool.

Just Us said...

I could post something snarky about his "clean" electricity coming from a coal-fired, CO2-belching power plant, but I guess his stated goal is to break OPEC's stranglehold over the US economy, rather than reducing his carbon footprint. So, more power to him. (Specifically coal power.)

Anonymous said...

Wow, glad you didn't say anything snarky.

This is a great plate, LOVE it!

HorribleLicensePlates said...

Haha, I actually end up liking some of the vanity plates we post. It's rare, but in this instance, I like it.

I know, I know, the temperature in hell is plummeting...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tom Moloughney said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
HorribleLicensePlates said...

*some comments removed.

Let's keep it light in here peeps.

Tom Moloughney said...

John & Amp: You are definitely right, there is nothing "clean" about burning coal, but at least it's OUR coal. We're paying billions of dollars to these oil rich regimes that hate us and really want us dead! So given the choice, I'll take the coal. That being said, using electricity (even coal produced) in an automobile is much better for the environment as opposed to oil. Anyway, I'm installing a 10KW solar electric system at my home that will produce all of the electric for the car plus about 3/4 of my homes electric needs. We have to move towards producing more renewable energy sources for both environmental and economical reasons if we want to live on this planet much longer.

MooseNuggette said...

I like this plate and the car looks kind of cool too...but I'm sticking to my truck, just feel safer.

PTOR said...

Even with a large part of our electricity coming from coal, the EV wins in CO2 and "...EVs produce less methane, nitrous oxide, and assorted other greenhouse gases than their gas-powered counterparts."
http://www.slate.com/id/2179609/

Another bonus for the EV is that they can charge at night when there is a surplus of electricity.

Anonymous said...

Love it!

LadyStyx said...

Awesome plate.