Friday, October 2, 2009

We're gonna sip Bacardi like it's your birthday

Today is our ONE YEAR blogaversary! I can't believe it's been a year. On October 2nd of last year I got really bored at work, and I decided I wanted to start a blog about dumb vanity plates I was seeing around town. Soon, to our complete surprise, the plate rage grew, and suddenly I had a platerazzi sending me plates from all over this vain nation of ours (ahem, Virginia). Not only do our hearts overflow with snark, but they overflow with thanks.

We couldn't do this site without our readers, fellow bloggers, commenters, subscribers, facebookers, tweeters, and the hilarious people who send me email everyday. I have met so many nice people via their emails and blogs. It just fills my tiny heart with joy, and I am proud to say I HAVE AWESOME INTERNET FRIENDS. The best part of my day is waking up and seeing my inbox filled with plates. You guys are the bee's knees.

So what does one do on a one year blogaversary? I have no clue. But it was a good excuse for a cake:

Here's to many more years of HLPs to come!

Lots of love,
Mr. and Mrs. HLP

(YAY photo cred to Heather A. YAY, I can drive.)

14 comments:

Gina said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary or something like that! :-) I look forward to more, and I have a few to send as well.

tank said...

And your blog is a blast!
Happy Anniversary.

8GR8LOLCATS said...

Happy Birthday HLP!

You have opened up a whole new world to me and my hubby! No trip to run mundane errands is ever boring! We are out to hunt HLPs! We make sure the camera is in the car... The thrill of the hunt for people who are animal lovers and could never hunt!

LOVE YOUR Blog- which is a Libra- the scales of justice... for judging!

Kat said...

Yea! Happy Anniversary!!

Intense Guy said...

Awesome cake decorating!

Enjoy the sipping!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Keep up the awesome work. I love your sense of humour!
- Jennifer D in Canada

Persnickety Ticker said...

Happy Blogaversary!

Love the blog!

TheWordWire said...

Happy blogiversary! I'm so glad there's not shortage of material, because I so enjoy your site.

MooseNuggette said...

I'd officially change my plate to BGYAY2U but we're only allowed 6 digits in Alaska. Congratulations!

Deborah Godin said...

Happy Platerversary! And thanks for all the big laughs, groans, guffaws and titters you bring into our otherwise pedestrian (pun intended) lives!

Donna M. said...

Happy Plativersary ??? *g*

It's all because of you that I make sure I always have a charged battery in my camera, and my camera is always with me...of course I do stupid things like leaving the memory card in my laptop so I have nothing to save the picture ON once I take it (DUH).

Bridgete said...

Happy Birthday! You have no idea how much more often I notice vanity plates because of you...even though I rarely actually get a picture. Which reminds me, I actually did get one today, I need to send it on...

LadyStyx said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Yeah...Virginia is a tad prolific. I got 6 more while out yesterday and I wasn't even really trying....

Heather O. said...

Great blog! Somebody pointed it out to me after I saw a plate that said "godlksu", which I read as "god licks you", which isn't good at all.

Also, I live in Virginia, and vanity plates are really cheap and easy to get. Hence, all the VA nuttiness.